The practice is made up of Daniel G. McGrath, & Karena Hester Solicitors. Daniel being the
Daniel G. McGrath
Daniel was admitted as a solicitor in 1992 and set up his sole practice in
High Street, Tuam, in 1993. The practice subsequently moved to its present
location on Dublin Road. He purchased the practice of JAMES M HESSION
SOLICITORS shortly before Jim Hession's death in 2000.
Daniel specialises in all aspects of law including Conveyancing, Litigation, Probate and all Court Work.
In 2015, Daniel was appointed as a Notary Public by the Chief Justice of Ireland, among the services are : authenticating documents, administrating oaths, witnessing and proving signatures to documents, sending papers to foreign jurisdictions and more.
Daniel in Tuam born and bred and continues to live in the town
with his family. He was educated in the CBS Tuam and studied in NUIG. Prior to
becoming a solicitor he worked in the family business as a commercial
representative for ten years.
He is a keen golfer and played club football and rugby. He is
involved in various organisations in the town like the Lions Club, MABS and
Karena is a solicitor practising in conveyancing and probate. She works across all areas of residential and commercial property, wills, estate planning, trusts, administration of estates, enduring powers of attorney and wardship proceedings.
• Residential Conveyancing
• Commercial Conveyancing
• Wills, Trust, Probate,
• Tax and Estate Planning
• Acting for private clients regarding all aspects of the preparation of Wills, Trust Wills and Enduring Powers of Attorney and the enrolment of Enduring Powers of Attorney when necessary.
• Acting for private and corporate clients regarding all aspects of Probate transactions, currently acting for several UK firms and foreign firms in relation extracting Grants of Probate, Letters of Administration,
• Acting for both private and corporate clients regarding all aspects of property transactions including acquisitions, disposals and refinancing of residential and commercial property, and various applications to the Property Registration Authority.
• B Comm (Hons)-University College Galway (1995)
• LLB (Hons)-University College Galway (1997)
• MSc (Financial Services) University of Limerick (2013)
• PhD University of Limerick (2017)
• Admitted as a Solicitor (2001)
• Currently studying for Professional Doctorate in Law to be awarded by the Law Society pf Ireland and University of Northumbria.